Friday 24 October 2014

Fighting the "Hip Drop"

Know what is driving me up the wall? I really like walking mindfully - thinking about just "heel, ball, toe..." and thinking about engaging pelvic floor, standing tall...it calms me. It helps me focus.
At the moment, I'm walking with a pronounced limp and while I know it's noticeable (thankyou for pointing it out people - yes, I have a LIMP...mind your own business!) that doesn't bother me as much as the idea that I'm teaching my body to continue it.

I also think I need to be a little gentler on myself. However. I have found an exercise to improve my hip and pelvic strength. I intend to try it today - not too many, just to see how it feels. I will also be calling the physio centre at the rehabilitation hospital I attended to ask their feedback on what I should be expecting at this point and whether this is a safe move for me. So, while I'll be trying this, I DO suggest you talk to your physio and check this is safe for you if you have any sort of hip complaint.
Pelvic Drop Exercise
From Physiotherapy site

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment!

Melbourne Lockdown 2.0 - what it's like and what it means

 Are lockdowns working? It undoubtedly works to reduce infections and yet, the impact on mental health right now and into the future is bein...