Tuesday 25 November 2014

The Nutcracker Sweet

How sweetly timed, indeed! Were the Sugar Plum Fairies behind this?

Every year for as long as I recall, our family Christmas tradition was to watch Disney’s The Nutcracker along with The Small One. It was exciting and adorable every year – elves running mad trying to manufacture toys in the magic workshop while little pyjama’ed people sleep with one eye on the chimney. Ah, bliss.

So I discovered today that Clinique have released their latest collection of pastel, classic pinks named The Nutcracker Suite.

My mother is a Clinique fan of many years. She won’t use any other lipstick nor pledge her allegiance to any other scent. Therefore, I too have become enamoured of Happy (in every incarnation) and Aromatics. While mum is more a fan of “classic”, I’m more a fan of “pretty” so the Snowflakes and Sugar Plums offering is going to suit us both!

I have “The Nutcracker Act II” palette (favouring purple shades) and it is sugarsweet pastel purples and lavender) and all sleek modern mirrored packaging. A delight that any woman with a passion for pinks and purples would melt over. Do it!


If your Christmas budget is a little less generous but you love pastels, you love quality makeup and skincare and you want a trusted brand, I cannot recommend Innoxa highly enough. Love their matte lipstick in the Barbie-approved Pink Carnation and whether you buy these for someone else or, more wisely, yourself, I am in a daily ritual of using the Hydrating Creme Cleanser and Super Daily Moisture Protection SPF 15. The Super Sensitive range, you ask. Yes, I break out easily and I've found that SPF products are usually the culprit. This is a spot-free zone.

Oh fine. FINE! Yes, I’ll admit I’m using the Anti Ageing Facial Serum too. Never too early to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment!

Melbourne Lockdown 2.0 - what it's like and what it means

 Are lockdowns working? It undoubtedly works to reduce infections and yet, the impact on mental health right now and into the future is bein...