Monday 5 October 2015

Fashion Illustration and Design Culture Books

I know the latest trend in mindfulness is adult colouring books, but if you're truly a creative soul looking for a focus, don't get out your crayons for someone else's lines.
Draw your own.
I first discovered 9 Heads at Prahran Library, where all the fashion and design students pore over fashion textbooks they can't possibly afford! (The best magazines are at Toorak Library - insider goss.)
I am an unashamed fashion illustration lover and while I won't be knocking David Downton (work, pictured below) off his throne anytime soon, I am inspiring myself with Tony Glenville's New Icons of Fashion.
Illustrators profiled include Carlos Aponte, Kareem Iliya, Hiroshi Tanabe, Julie Verhoeven and Izak Zenou.

I made the budget-busting move of landing on Thames & Hudson's website full of art and fashion, design and architecture books. Fortunately, it's coming up to Christmas list making time for fashionistas. All you need. Right here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment!

Melbourne Lockdown 2.0 - what it's like and what it means

 Are lockdowns working? It undoubtedly works to reduce infections and yet, the impact on mental health right now and into the future is bein...