Saturday 31 August 2013

Blue eye makeup - how not to look like an 80s pop star



As you all know, I am not immune to wearing all colours. All. But blue eye makeup has always sent a shiver down my spine. If you don't end up looking like Cyndi Lauper circa 1987, you can look like you just stepped out of a deep freezer and it's going to take years to thaw out. HOWEVER. I like a challenge. I got out my tools and I think I've worked out how to do this right. First of all, if you have dark circles, blue is not going to do you any favours. I use eye firming cream before applying concealer or BB cream to give the smoothest base to work from. Blue is super flattering on pale, olive and dark skin. It's a matter of finding the right shade. Do NOT convince yourself you are in a Robert Palmer video and add red lips to boot. Make your eyes the feature of your look and go for a light lip tint or balm. I couldn't go past Clinique Chubby Stick (because it's chubby! How cute!) in Massive Midnight (sounds like some sort of goth party...) but I am equally enamoured of Dior Crayon Liner in Blue (waterproof...important.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment!

Melbourne Lockdown 2.0 - what it's like and what it means

 Are lockdowns working? It undoubtedly works to reduce infections and yet, the impact on mental health right now and into the future is bein...