Friday 22 November 2013

New Pink and Purple MUST HAVES

1. Manduka eKo mat: Not only does this mat make for a brilliant fashion statement in the studio, it meets all the functional requirements: thick enough to provide support on hard flooring, no-slip surface, and make of sturdy material that will last through as many Ballet Sculpt, Bikram, pilates and BodyBalance classes are you tote it to!
I picked Acai because as you know, I'm partial to purple and pink so it was an easy choice. Also comes in bamboo green and shades of blue and orange.
I recommend having your own mat - there's something comforting about having a "partner in crime" at all your classes. It feels like rolling out a little section of your own real estate wherever you go. Plus, the hygiene levels of the stacks of mats in gyms is questionable...
This is THE choice of yoga mat for teachers and eco-conscious yogis. This statement from Eco Yoga Store sums it up perfectly:
Developed by yoga teachers looking for high-performance, eco friendly yoga mats, the eKO Lite features Manduka’s proprietary natural closed-cell rubber and comfortable sea-grass texture. The eKO Lite is a natural yoga mat that marries performance and durability with a lightweight, travel-friendly design. The eKO Lite will leave no footprint in landfills, and is the perfect natural yoga mat for people who want to make a commitment to our planet and take their yoga practice on the road.

Buy online at Eco Yoga Store AU$70.00 including GST (BARGAIN!)
Find Eco Yoga Store and Manduka on Facebook.

2. Dior Limited Edition Rose D'or 3 Couleurs Eyes: This package is such a feat of engineering I had to look at the instructions to open it! But then, I struggle with Ikea too. Once I realised I had to slide the lid, a little mirror popped up and two stunning, shimmering shades of mauvey-lilac appeared along with a black shadow for the lash line. Gorgeous! There is even a little instruction booklet on how to use each shade to highlight. It has its own little blue Dior felt pocket to carry it about in. I'm voting it a brilliant Christmas present (to yourself, if you can't resist). Available at Myer and David Jones

3. Kerastase Cristalliste Sealing Serum for Dry/Split Ends: As my hair gets longer, I have to be much more attentive to maintenance. With naturally curly hair, my ends get dry really quickly while regular workouts mean I need to wash it every second day. I have used the Nutritive range and it is BRILLIANT. But I decided to try Cristalliste which promises weightless, nourishing support to longer lengths. I have to admit, the beautiful packaging did sway my decision!
My usually unruly locks DO feel smoother and I feel less guilty about postponing my usual trim - Rapunzel, prepare for some competition. Find a salon in Australia where you can buy Kerastase: Salon Locator or go to Kerastase!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment!

Melbourne Lockdown 2.0 - what it's like and what it means

 Are lockdowns working? It undoubtedly works to reduce infections and yet, the impact on mental health right now and into the future is bein...