Friday 20 December 2013

Pre-workout breakfast = protein rich

Let me come clean on two counts. First, I'm a morning workout person and eating before a workout makes me feel bloated and blegh. Regardless of what I eat. But I also know that not eating in the morning makes me feel lethargic and grumpy by midday.

Secondly, I have never been a fan of powders or shakes but I took a challenge to try a whey protein powder that is low in sugar and given the tick by nutritionist, Zoe Bingley-Pullin. Whey isolate is the gold class of protein powders, however if you are lactose intolerant, you're best to stick to a soy or pea protein.

If you don't workout in the morning and/or you don't have any issues with working out an hour after eating, a breakfast rich in carbohydrates and protein is ideal! I will be having my scoop of strawberry isowhey, teaspoon of cinnamon and soy milk.

If your goal is weight loss, protein powders can be worked into your daily intake - but one a day (and two maximum) is your best bet.

Drink plenty of water - a diet rich in protein can stress your kidneys if you are not well hydrated.

1 comment:

  1. Yes dear I am suffered from the problem of my increasing weight day by day. I do not believe in use of some artificial products to lose weight, so needed to buy supplements like as “Protein Rich” for multi-purpose dealing of health problems. Thanks for well-guiding me here.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment!

Melbourne Lockdown 2.0 - what it's like and what it means

 Are lockdowns working? It undoubtedly works to reduce infections and yet, the impact on mental health right now and into the future is bein...